The ongoing lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic got most people turn creative in the kitchen… Banana Bread became a self-isolation staple…
Some people got busy whipping Dalgona Coffee
And some are busy cleaning their houses
But we got pleasantly surprised when we spotted some of Dubai’s top athletes don a new hat and help construct their new gym. You don’t believe us? Check out these images.
All these amazing humans are coaches at Marcus Smith’s fitness platform Innerfight. You do remember Marcus Smith, right? He is famous for running 30 marathons in 30 days, just 9 months after being hit by a truck.
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed, the Crown Prince of Dubai, also joined Marcus during one of his runs.
Coming back to the epic coaches at Innerfight pitching in for the construction of the gym. When Story of Fitness got in touch with Marcus, he said that the last 4 months have been challenging in many ways and building a new gym in this time required his team to do things that were not in their job description.
“No one is bigger than the team; if the gym floor needs sweeping then it gets swept. Sweeping is something that anyone can do and if the person whose job it is to sweep is not available then someone else needs to step up. The InnerFight and Smith St Paleo teams have been incredible in the way they have reacted to helping with the manual labour on site; they have taken everything in their stride. They may not even realize it yet but it all comes back around and the things they are doing now that are perhaps not part of what is their standard job will help them in the future. These seemingly small things are what help us grow as human beings; they add to our experience and skillset and the truth is, we can never learn too much! I am excited to see what impact these actions will have on their future. Mostly, I am so grateful for their hard work and willingness to get their hands dirty.”
We can’t wait for the gym to open so we can go there and burn all the extra calories gained during the lockdown from eating banana bread and sipping dalgona coffee
To learn more about InnerFight, click HERE.
- Click here to read Confession of a New Mother
- Running in the UAE: Here are the top routes to run
- Read about Running Champion Lisa Campbell is solely responsible for bringing the fierceness, discipline and integrity on UAE’s track and field.
- Read – How Yoga Saved Me Mentally And Physically During The Lock-down
- Read – ‘If there were no men for a day, I would run at night’
- Nargis Fakhri talks about battling depression
- 5 Tips to Stay Sane & Happy During Long-Term Travel
- How to Sleep Better
- Boxing: How Dubai-based Mich turned her breakdown into a breakthrough