Working from home probably means more makeup-free days and more time to give your skin some TLC. Living in the lockdown also gives us an amazing opportunity to be kind to our skins. Why not use the hour you usually spend commuting to work to pop on a foot mask? Or why not go to your kitchen and gather some yogurt and honey for a homemade skin mask. The good folks at The Skin Republic shared few expert tips with us on how to help your skin get the most out of working from home:
Multitasking during your Zoom happy hour
Why not turn your House Party or Zoom Happy Hour into a mask party? What better way to wind down on a Friday night than with a sheet mask and your favorite bottle of wine. Ask friends to share their must-have skincare tips and tricks – you might learn their secret to glowing, flawless skin. Psst, ours is a sheet mask twice a week, every week.
Take Care of Your Hands and Nails
You must be washing your hands excessively. Always follow it up with moisturizing hand cream.
Business at the top, party at the bottom
We’re all business at the top but its free reign when it comes to the bottom. Treat yourself to a foot mask while on video calls, your boss will be none the wiser! Choose from at-home skin peeling treatments that remove dead skin cells after 7 days.
Giving your skin a break
Working from home = more makeup-free days. Give your skin a much-needed break by ditching the makeup a few days a week. This will allow your skin to breathe, reduce clogged pores, and allow your skin to absorb skincare products more efficiently.
Take A Time Out
Often, we feel guilty for taking a few minutes to relax when working from home. It’s important to still make time for yourself and its okay to take 15 minutes if you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed. Pop on a face mask, brew a cup of tea, set the timer for 15 minutes, and take some time out.
Give the magical retinol a try
Seeing as you’ll be spending more time indoors why not give your skin an intensive retinol boost? Retinol can make your skin more sensitive to the sun so it’s best to avoid UV rays or apply sunscreen for at least 2 weeks post-treatment. Retinol can also leave your skin looking a little bit red (due to speeding up the renewal process of skin cells) so spending more time at home makes it the perfect time to treat your skin to Retinol.
Easy Home Beauty Tips We Swear By –
- 1) Mix chickpea flour with milk and turmeric and apply the pack on your face twice a week for soft, glowing skin.
- 2) Mix lemon juice with rock salt, honey, water and drink it to help you cool off during the summer month. This drink will also revitalize your skin making it super fresh.
- 3) Eat yogurt daily for some amazing anti-aging benefits.
- 4) Make sure that you get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night.
- 5) Try to include a 20-minutes post-lunch nap to enjoy the benefits of an extra dose of skin freshness.
We provide free content, as we love all things fitness and wellness. But if you like this story, feel free to buy us a coffee 🙂 HERE
- How to maintain curly hair during the lock down. Click here
- To attend free mental health coaching group for COVID, click here
- How to maintain nutrition during the lock down? We asked an expert. Click here
- Click HERE to read about ways to take care of your eye health in the age of increased screen-time
- Click HERE to read lock-down diary of a personal trainer in Dubai